Thursday, March 11, 2010

Little Girls



Little girls are made of daisies and butterflies and soft kitty cat purrs
And all the precious memories of times that once were.

Little girls are made of angel's wings and giggles and a firefly's glow
And all the happy feelings, deep inside, that we all know.

Little girls are made of cinnamon and bubbles and fancy white pearls
And snowflakes and rainbows and ballerina twirls.

Little girls are made of sunshine and cupcakes and fresh morning dew,
And these are the reasons, little one, why everyone loves you.





When I first started having children,
I wanted boys.



I didn't feel the need to have daughters,
probably because I didn't
(and still don't)
connect well with girls.

Girls were so girly.




All my friends growing up were boys.
My good friends anyway.


I would rather hang out with boys than with girls.


But then I had her.



And her.


And fell in love with them immediately.

And I enjoy them.

And I can't believe I wanted to miss out on all this wonderfullness that is little girls.

I'm thankful that God knew
that I needed these daughters of mine.

They are a blessing to me.










God made the world with

towering trees, majestic

mountains, and restless seas.

Then paused and said,

It needs one more thing....

someone to laugh and

dance and sing.

To walk in the woods and gather

flowers....to commune with

nature in quiet hours."

So God made little girls with

laughing eyes and bouncing curls,

with joyful hearts,

and infectious smiles,

enchanting ways and

feminine wiles.

And when He'd completed

the task He'd begun,

He was pleased and proud

of the job He'd done.

For the world, when seen

through a little girl's eyes

greatly resembled Paradise.






3 comments:

  1. A cartwheel in the snow... with bare hands! Brr...

    I like your girls too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you got two of each is neat, and they're all so different.

    ReplyDelete