Thursday, March 25, 2010

She’s my Sista

100_5684

Well, one of them.

I have lots.

But she is the oldest, just above me.

She was a true first born, a stickler for the rules,

and a respecter of authority.

Meaning, we had better respect hers.

And I did.

She’s really cool.

It’s probably going to bug her that I’m writing this, but it’s true.

She’s wickedly awesome.

She’s funny, and really smart.

She sends me all kind of info that makes me smarter.

She taught herself to knit, gorgeous stuff, and then tried to teach me.

(I am a failure.)

She’s teaching herself photography.

She gets an idea in her head, and she does it.

I get many ideas, and I may start on them, but it’s the finishing I am terrible at.

She is my hero.

When I grow up I want to be like her.

100_5722

.

Can you believe that people don’t believe we are sisters?

Seriously.





This one time, at band camp,

no, it was at Bingemans water park.





We had exited the park area for some reason, and were entering back in.

The details are hazy, if you want the facts, ask her.

Anyway, they were only letting in so many kids at a time.

We were with a youth group, and Adeena was up ahead with her friends, and I had no friends and was at the back of the line. Where they ended the allowable number of youths to enter.



I said to the girl, “But you have to let me in! That’s my sister, and I have to stay with her!” and I pointed to Adeena.


She was walking away in all her tallness, and mane of gorgeous blonde hairness,

and I was standing there in all my shortness with straggly dull brown hair.



The girl looked at me and said, “She is NOT your sister.”



I was flabbergasted and said,”She is too!”



Then I started yelling across the lot,”Adeena, Adeeeeeena!!!! They won’t let me in!!!” Only it was way more frantic. Adeena turned slightly, waved her hand in a “Come on’ stop embarrassing me” gesture, and kept walking.


They girl looked at me and raised her eyebrow.



I proclaimed again, “She really is my sister! You have to let me in!!”

And I screamed again at Adeena, only taking the decimal level up a notch.

She finally turned and came stalking back, grabbed my hand and said. “Come ON!” The girl asked, “She’s your sister?” “Yeah”, Adeena answered, and I was let through.



As an aside, as we were walking through, I stuck my tongue out at the girl.





Anyway. I don’t understand why people can’t see we are sisters.

We both have blue eyes…..








And we both have two hands, with five fingers on each hand!!!!

What are the odds of that?

100_5690

4 comments:

  1. Two hands, five fingers on each...you're identical!

    Adeena's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a knob. :P

    You know, I barely remember that Bingeman's fiasco.

    Did I have friends? Really? Don't remember. ;) Was that the same time that I fell on the stairs and split my knee open? I still have a scar from that.

    ♥ you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first picture of Adeena, it's too bad your flash didn't go off! It's just perfect.

    That's a cool story. I have a few panicky-adolescent-being-left-behind stories too... not fun times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to grow up too, and I agree Adeena is a rock-solid role-model. :)

    And so pretty.

    ReplyDelete