For Family Day we went to Guelph to see the Guelph Storm take on the London Knights.
Only it wasn’t our whole family. We left the girls behind, and had a day out with the boys.
We got there a bit early, so we went to a little pub called “Draught Picks” and had juice.
I don’t know what the peace sign is all about.
So we had a private box.
Did I mention that?
Jack’s Grampa is quite involved with the Storm,
And let us use a box.
Here is one view of it.
See my blue coat?
That’s my spot.
A close up of my spot.
And this?
Our own bartender.
No waiting in line for us.
We’re too important.
The boys sat with the rest of the kids,
right underneath us.
There was no glass or net in front of us.
Our view was unobstructed.
To the right of us was the press boxes.
Center Ice.
The Scoreboard.
Standing for the National Anthem.
I had just as much fun watching the boys as I did watching the game.
Here they are discussing a play.
Brothers are fun.
I’m glad they have each other.
Enough of that mushy stuff.
I’m sure if I don’t post some hockey action there will be an uprising.
So here you go.
Must keep the menfolk happy.
See Number 91?
He’s a draft pick for the Leafs, and played for the Leafs last week.
The boys thought that was cool.
He’s a great player.
Number 55 was a good player too.
And his last name is Saltine.
Which is cool. And Crackerish.
First goal of the game!
Power Play goal.
See the difference in shots on goal?
Six to 1.
And the score at the first Intermission.
There was a contest out on the ice.
The people were dressed up as buns, and had to build a “burger”.
One team-mate raced across the ice to get the “toppings” while the other team-mate lay on the ice, as the bottom bun.
Once all the toppings were on, the top bun jumped on top of the bottom bun.
But I missed that shot and got him as he was rolling off.
On to the second period!
Score at the end of the Second.
Our box had a visit from this guy.
But out on the ice, there was this.
See who’s in the front seat?
It’s Jack!
Bye Jack.
On to the third period.
I like this picture.
Then, in the last minutes of the game, Guelph pulls the goalie!
Only, the Knights get possession of the puck just as he’s making it to the bench.
The goalie flies back, slides across the crease, makes the save, and boots it back to the bench.
And I got no pictures of it.
I was too busy watching.
It was amazing.
The Final Score.
Yay Knights!!
Guelph really turned it on in the third.
See how the shots on goal has evened up?
The boys celebrate.
And so do these boys.
And Mommy wants to do this.
It was a great day!
Thanks Jack’s Grandpa!
Looks like fun!! :D I'd go watch a hockey game if I could have my very own box. For free. :P ;)
ReplyDeleteMy only complaint is that most of the pictures are so little. Hard to see the exciting action!!
Awesome day eh!? I bet even though you're wiped out, you'd do it again in a FLASH. :)
ReplyDeleteWindows Live doesn't let you click on the pics to make them bigger. I just checked.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that.
I'll have to figure out how to make them bigger.
And Rachel, I would do it again. So fast.
the mascot suit was furry and i do again in the speed of light
ReplyDelete