Saturday, February 27, 2010

Smoker No More


I am a smoker.

But I soon will not be.


Feb. 28 2010 will be my last day spent on this dirty, gross habit.


Because this is a dirty topic, I have to post some cute pictures to balance that.







It shouldn't be too hard,
I've quit a kajillion times before.

But, I always seem to go back.






In my head, smoking helps me cope.

Calms me down when I am stressed.

Gives me a break time, to sit and have a smoke.






Now, I know this is not true.

Smoking actually raises cortisol,
the stress hormone,
and actually stresses you out more.


This I know, and understand.





I want to quit because of her.
And the rest of them.

And also because there are waaaay better things to spend my money on.

Like Mexico.

A horse barn.




And in winter I have a chronic cough.
"Smokers Cough."

Not sure why it goes away in the summer.

But all winter I struggle to breathe,
and I cough. And hack.

It's not pretty.






I am posting this on here, 'cause I think it will keep me accountable.

Every day I will do an update on my journey to be a non-smoker.


If my posts are a little crabbier, you'll know why.






One day left!!







7 comments:

  1. We are behind you the crabbier you get the farther behind we will be. At least arms length ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray!!! :D

    Can't wait till you've kicked it for good.

    We'll have to go to Mexico to celebrate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Heather!
    Go Heather!
    It's your birthday!
    ...Or close enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very encouraging post Heather. Who's stronger? Who's gonna win? That's how I got by. Slim little tiny buggers......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go, Heather!! You can do it!!! You and your daddy together. No more smokers in the fam! That's going to be GOOOOOOOODDDD.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! I think that Mexico is definitely a better thing to spend your money on. Go, Heather! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes no smoke now i can breath

    ReplyDelete