Sunday, February 7, 2010

Outdoor Rink!

The Continuing Saga.



Here is Emma.
Well, actually, everyone.
But mostly Emma.

This post really isn't about her, or her little sister,
although they were there.

Emma really lives up to her name.
"Embraces Everything."
It should also be,"Enthusiastic About Everything."
'Cause she is.
She'll give anything a go.
And she's an adrenaline junkie.


She was gone overnight last night,
and I missed her.
I missed her sunshine.
And her chatting.
She talks a lot.

She's been on skates probably about 5 times in her life.
And yet, that didn't stop her from getting out on the ice.

And skating. By the end of the time there,
she could turn,
and skate faster than I could run. (On ice.)
I was proud of her.








But mostly, this post is about these two guys.


These boys love hockey.
Love skating.
And although I complain about the time hockey takes up,
I am so very proud of them.

I love to watch them play.




The Cast Of Characters:


We'll start with this guy.

One word to describe how he plays would be
"Heart."

He does not give up.
And, he hates to loose.
This means that he works incredibly hard out there.
He is the toughest one on the ice.


Because he's not a "finesse" player,
he often gets overlooked by his coaches.

But there are a few people who's favourite player is Nate.

Besides us, I mean.

When I watch him play, I can't help but admire his determination.



He's an awesome kid.







And then we have this guy.

I get shivers watching him.
Sometimes what he is able to accomplish is unbelievable.

He is the most unselfish player.
He has team spirit, man.
All the years he's played he has led his team in assists.
This year he has more than doubled everyone else's assists.

And, he's the leading goal scorer.

He is also incredibly smart.
He reads the play,
and makes the play.
He sets up everything.

We'll call him, "The Play Maker."


On this day,
Heart and The Play Maker (TPM for short)
were really excited to play on an outdoor rink.


But before they could play,
Daddy had drills for them to do.



He shows them how it's done.


Then it's Heart's turn.
He fires them away.


Next up, TPM.
He was putting them in the top corner.


Now some passing drills.

It's funny, 'cause TPM is a Left Winger,
and Heart is a Right Winger, (although, really he should be playing center.)
So they get to play their positions together, without any fighting.

After all of the hard work,
It was time for a game!!
At least, a little one on one.

So, they lined up for the face-off.


They went from one end of the ice to the other,
and the ref (Mom) called the game.
One pushed the other into the net, there was slashing going on,
and it was determined they are way to competetive to play against each other.


So they played against Dad.







It was an awesome afternoon.

Yay!

3 comments: