Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why the name?



Why call my blog My Crappy Wonderful Life?

My Mom has been bugging me for a while to start a blog. I said, "Why? What would I write about, my crappy life?" I don't live on a ranch like her. I don't have a crazy exciting life like her. My life is pretty mundane.
Crappy, even, compared to the North American standard of life. I am not living the American (Canadian?) dream, people.
But mixed in with the crappiness is shining, brilliant moments of wonderfulness.




And this past year has been one of the hardest in my life.
Soaring stress levels. Heart break and tears. Worry. Changes. Hard.

But you know what? In many ways it's been the best year.


I have reconnected with my children.
I have always worked, and this year I haven't. I always have taken care of my children, fed them, clothed them, taught them things they needed to know.
But I've never had the time to ENJOY them.
To just be with them. Hang out. Chat.
And these trials have given us an opportunity to communicate, commiserate. Comfort.



And I have reconnected with my God.
I have cried out to Him, and felt His comfort.
He has supplied my every need, I KNOW that He has taken care of me. He did not leave me, nor forsake me.
Though I have done both to Him, and don't deserve any care at all.




So what's the point of all this?

The point is, life is crappy.
Every ones is. The richest person you can think of still has a crappy life.

Those people you see that seem to have it all together?
They don't. Their life sucks too.
Sin is in the world. Life on earth will never be perfect.

And here we come to the meaning of it all.





This is not our home.
(This very nearly was my blog title.)

These trials we face? They are sent, in part, to make us long for heaven.
Where life IS perfect. With our glorious Creator, loving and faithful God.


This life, this temporary home, is not IT!

It's a journey to where we really, truly belong.



Would I cling to God in the same way if my life wasn't crappy?

If I didn't NEED Him, would I know Him?

No. Not the same way.

So my crappy life? I'm perfectly happy with it. I see and know the care of the One True God. And my life helps me to cling to Him.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics. Love the contrast of blue and white.

    And, I agree with you. This life can be oh so crappy. So glad it's only temporary, and then there's eternal bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a blessing knowing that this life is only a blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have that as a subtitle: This is not our home!

    So true, dear daughter of mine.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete