See what I did there?
I switched from “Vintage Monday”, because I was just posting pictures of our family’s trip
to Quebec and Maine.
And my sister is totally kicking my butt in that whole idea with her “Flashback Friday’s”,
posting pictures from, like, 80 years ago!!
Sheesh.
I can’t compete with that.
So, a new theme!!
Maine Trip Monday.
Let’s see if I can keep it up, shall we?
And this post needs a disclaimer.
Disclaimer: All photo’s were taken with my uber-crappy old camera, and any and all landscape shots you see were taken out the window of a moving 16 passenger Ford van. And most often the window was closed. And most likely Ford van was speeding.
.I switched from “Vintage Monday”, because I was just posting pictures of our family’s trip
to Quebec and Maine.
And my sister is totally kicking my butt in that whole idea with her “Flashback Friday’s”,
posting pictures from, like, 80 years ago!!
Sheesh.
I can’t compete with that.
So, a new theme!!
Maine Trip Monday.
Let’s see if I can keep it up, shall we?
And this post needs a disclaimer.
Disclaimer: All photo’s were taken with my uber-crappy old camera, and any and all landscape shots you see were taken out the window of a moving 16 passenger Ford van. And most often the window was closed. And most likely Ford van was speeding.
Okay, carrying on.
All the pics today were taken on our free day in Quebec.
So, we toured around and acted like, well, tourists.
.
French waterfall
French bridge
French horse
French guy stuck in a rock…
Actually, this is some famous French Folk singer.
We stopped at a little “ciderie”, (Mom is that how you spell that?) which made cider. You know, booze. Kinda like a winery, except they use apples.
They let us use the picnic tables in their orchard to feed the kids at, and it was lovely.
And they had this.
The inside retail area was beautiful.
They didn’t mind all the kids being in there, although the kids had been threatened on pain of death to BEHAVE, and the adults got to try some samples. Yummy, yummy samples. And then we bought enough to last us almost the whole trip. Well, at least till we got to Maine.
Where they sell booze in the grocery store. The convenience store. Every store, really.
But wait, I’m jumping ahead…..
Check out this awesome ceiling!!
Gorgeous, no?
And then we continues touring.
This was in someone’s backyard.
We stopped at a little Candy Shoppe, where they make the candy, package the candy,
sell the candy, all there.
It was awesome.
Each of the kids got to pick ONE item they wanted.
Here is their choices…
We left the vans at the Shoppe, and walked down along the St. Lawrence.
A ship coming in. Or going out.
I don’t know which.
I don’t know which.
Ava. “Mommy stop taking pictures and pay attention to ME!”
The end.
What a riot! "most likely the Ford van was speeding". Ahem.
ReplyDeleteFrench Falls? LOL. You mean, Montmorency Falls.
French Bridge? The bridge was the one that goes to the Isle d'Orleans.
French Horse? Well, maybe. But likely it would rather be known as a Quebecois.
I LOVE the picture of Michael-man peeking through the board. His face is absolutely priceless.
Great post, Heather. Who needs to scrapbook when you can blog it in just a few minutes?
No, wait... that would be me.
Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI love Maine trip Monday! :D That ceiling WAS amazing!
The kids in the flowers kill me! I don't remember that.
And the bridge pic is so cool.
But, I think the last pic is my favourite. :D :D
I love Maine trip Monday, too! It lets me see some of the things I missed. :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the end. HA! :D
So was it mostly down hill for the van to speed?
ReplyDeleteLe neigh.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Trying to pry all the details out of my son was too time consuming, so I'm glad you're reminiscing about the trip.
ReplyDeletela neighe Lin. :p Looks more french.