Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Vintage, uh, Day

Remember I started to do Vintage Monday?
Yeah, well, it kinda got away from me.

But I’m doing it now!


I’m only a day, and a couple weeks, late.



 
It’s not very vintage,
as I didn’t always have a camera.

Digital, that is.
Well, the film kind too.


I was camera deficient.



And I haven’t quite figured out how to scan in pictures, like my beautiful and talented sister.






So we are going waaaaay back to 2007.






And I’ll continue on in the saga of the journey we took to Quebec, and to Maine.




These pics are all from when we were in Quebec.







Did you know that dog’s are NOT allowed to poop in Quebec?
It’s true.
They posted signs everywhere.
100_0585

This nice guy we met at a gas station.
He was happy to pose for a picture with all the kids.
My boys were very proud to tell him that they had two uncles in the Armed Forces,
100_0586



While in Quebec we camped.
Here is Dan at the campsite, come to find me to take back my baby.
Look how little and fat Ava was!!
I do have more pics of camping,
just don’t know where they are at this moment.
100_0590





A shot of downtown Montreal.
Horses and carriages everywhere, to give tourists rides.
100_0593
Check out the cobblestone streets!
100_0594






We went to see the big Fort.
I forget it’s name.
This is part of it.
100_0595
And another part.
100_0599




The whole fort was built up on a hill…
you could see for miles.
100_0597




Elena and Quin as Wolfe and Montcalm
100_0601





And then Nate and Critter had a turn.
Nate was a little short.
100_0602




One of the canons overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence.
100_0609





And kids sitting on said cannon.
It was actually a different cannon; there were cannons everywhere.
100_0613






This was a battlement turned into a museum of sorts.
It was very cool.
The kids got to see what life was like for colonial soldiers….
they got to see a demonstration of loading a gun with gunpowder and rags, and making bullets.
They saw where the soldiers would have slept, and lots of interesting things about daily life.
100_0614












And the reason we came to Quebec…..
my Great-Aunts internment.

You can see her name at the bottom of the plaque.
”Reverend Ruth H. Matthews.”
She was an Anglican Minister.
100_0622




And here we are.
I cannot begin to express how much I hate this picture of me, but my kids are cute, so I’ll post it anyway.
100_0623



Here’s the oldest Three.
Yes Emma is crying.
But not over anything important.
She was, and still is, a bit of a Drama Queen.
I have 6 pictures pretty much the same.
I just wanted a nice picture of my kids all dressed up, and in the beautiful scenery,
and she would NOT stop crying.
Three-year olds.  Grrrr.
100_0616




And cute, fat, baby Ava.
100_0619





The other families that were there.



This picture doesn’t do them justice.
They’re way cuter in real life.
100_0624




And these ones.
Tiana and Critter still make weird faces in pictures.
100_0626





And this guy.
Why is he all alone, you ask?

100_0627




His Momma had just given birth to twins,
and because they were 3 weeks old, were too young to make the trip.
But he got to.
Lucky guy.
100_0628

4 comments:

  1. It was a fun trip! We got to see lots of country and rambler bum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!

    I love the one of Dan holding fat baby Ava, it's adorable!

    And those pictures of Trenton are really really good!

    It would have been fun to go.... :(
    But I was getting married and was already taking time off for that! So couldn't take time off to go to Quebec. Aww. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 'vintage' pic of the wide tower. My oldest is quite handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for memories!! :D

    Ava was so. fat. and adorable!! :D You know, I had that outfit that she's wearing with Dan holding her, but Hannah never wore it. :( It was too cold out when she would've fit into it.

    ReplyDelete