Saturday, June 26, 2010

Self Portrait

Jess at the Old Nichols Farm
is doing this thing.

This thing that makes me nervous…

and yet I said that I would participate.



What to do, what to do.





Well, I did it of course.




Pshaw.



Wasn’t that bad.





What she is doing is promoting self portraits.

Putting pictures of your SELF on your blog.




Now, I have before.


I have come to realize that I want my kids to remember moments with me..
see that I was there.


There is spans of years at a time with no pictures of me.

Because I hate them.



Don’t want to immortalize the baby fat and varicose veins.
And my wide nose and grey hairs.



But this is good.



This is making me get over myself.



Only problem was, I had to get a picture of me.



And by the time I remembered, it was getting dark outside.


And raining.



And I don’t take very good pictures indoors.




But, I gave it a shot anyway.







Here ya go.


This is one of my favourite hats.
I love hats.
They cover bad hair….
100_8852





And tonight was movie night.
It was a rainy gross day, so we rented a movie, The Great Mouse Detective,
and cuddled on the couch to watch it.




So I took a picture of us….
in the whole spirit of getting in front of the camera.



There were fights first..
over who was going to be where, and who was squishing who.



I almost gave it up, it was becoming such a hassle.




But, we pulled it out.



Half of Quin’s face, and a drugged out Nate, and we got it!





Excuse the dirty toddler face….
100_8873edit





And one more picture..





God is the ultimate Artist:
100_8898




Click on over and check out more self portraits!


Some are extremely creative.




Better yet,

enter one yourself!







Just who ARE you?!?






7 comments:

  1. That last one is breath-takingly beautiful. Love the header and all the pics. Love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for self portraits! :D Glad you're brave. Love you squished in the middle of the kids.

    And that last picture?? You better have that one framed on your wall. :P Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you'd come and see a certain sister you wouldn't HAVE bad hair.

    Just saying.

    I wish I would've been in more pictures the last few years too. Just to say, "See? I was there!" Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Hooray!!! I love them! The shot of you with your kiddos is absolutely gorgeous, each one of you is so beautiful. See, aren't you glad you played? Let's do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your sky pictures, and your better at taking self portaits than I am, despite all my practise. ;)

    And I think that your new header is awesome to, even though I failed that chicked. ;p At least I made good Prokchops and fish this weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to do self portraits more often! There are so few pictures of me in all the thousands (and thousands) of pictures on my computer.. they're mostly of Tyler, the dogs, other family members, and Deklan. Maybe I will enter the self portrait thingy.... maybe.

    I like your self portrait! It's rockin'. And I love the sunset picture.. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blue eyes! And the landscape photo is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete