And the title pretty much sums up the past few days.
The weather has been incredibly cold.
The snow squeaks when you walk on it,
your face freezes by the time you walk ten feet.,
the chickens are huddled in the barn,
without much pecking and scratching,
dogs go out for exactly 30 seconds, and then are barking at the door to get back inside,
Pax is eating two bales a day,
and twice as much performance horse feed,
(without doing any actual work)
and wearing his blanket constantly,
and I am insanely thankful for my insulated coveralls.
It's cold here in Canada.
Hockey play-offs have started for one son, and their first opponent is Durham,
which is over an hour away.
So for the game yesterday I left at 1:30,
got there in time,
game was delayed starting by the game before,
got home at 6:30.
Then had to go pick up Emma,
who had a dance workshop that day.
She has a competition coming up in March
in Windsor
judged by the So You Think You Can Dance judges,
American and Canadian,
with workshops available by the choreographers of the same.
Emma is performing 3 routines.
Solo, Trio, and group.
So, lots of practice needed.
My wonderful sister kept her overnight and got her there,
but she needed to come home.
So got home from that at 8:00pm.
Had to get the fire going, get kids fed and in bed,
go out and do chores,
and crashed.....
could barely get my butt out of bed this morning.
Today was catch-up day.
Laundry, cleaning, etc.
I've said it before,
I don't know how a house get's so dirty when you aren't even home!!
I didn't even get a shower in before it was time to go to hockey,
again.
Thank God for hats.
I was at the arena from 4:00pm till 7:15pm.
The good thing?
They've redone the arena,
and added in tables and chairs.
So today I brought schoolwork,
which didn't get done during the day,
And we got school done at hockey.
LOVE those tables.
The worst thing about hockey,
for me,
is standing there waiting.
Not doing anything.
Because I have so much to do!!!
But now,
with those tables,
I can teach while at hockey.
Multi tasking.....
I love it.
Sorry for a post without pictures...
I hate that.
But,
as I've said,
it's freakin' cold outside,
and my camera is crappy inside,
and really,
how many pictures of frozen tundra can you look at?
One thing I've noticed about myself lately is that I HATE to ask for help.
A favour.
I'd much rather take care of everything myself.
I don't like being weak.
I do like being strong, and able to do anything, and everything.
And I usually refuse help.
It's a matter of pride, I know.
And pride is a bad thing.
Because humans ARE weak.
It's just that,
I don't like to fail.
And it seems to me that if I need help,
I'm failing.
I CAN DO IT!!
And I usually can.
But sometimes,
a little help is nice.
So thanks to all who've helped in little ways......
I really do appreciate it.
Yay for hats! And catch-up days. I think there's gnomes that dirty the house while you're gone. Seriously. How else could it get dirty??
ReplyDeleteYay for your pictures!! I'm so glad that you didn't lose them. :)
Seriously cold. These are the days I'm glad I don't have outdoor critters. :D
ReplyDeleteAnd I get the asking for help thing. But I'm over it.
^ Adeena, of COURSE there are "dirty the house" gnomes. They wear red hats and blue sweaters and have long white beards. Little rascals.
ReplyDeleteAnd it is very cold! Makes me thankful for my wood furnace. Toasty oasty warm! :)
It went from -19 to +4, go figure.
ReplyDelete