This is the make-up I had to buy for my 6 year-old daughter.
We were given a list, and that list was quite specific.
We had to ask the make-up person in Shoppers Drugmart….
she helped us find everything.
Guess how much this cost?
Put a guess in the comments, and the one that get’s the closest will win a Tim Horton’s gift card, valued at $10!!!
(Adeena, you are not allowed to enter.)
My first give-away!!
The result of all that stuff:
Us ladies showed out team spirit on our toes.
Emma was not allowed any polish on her fingernails.
I painted mine in team colours.
But no picture,
I painted them Fri. night, about midnight.
I scraped it all off on the way home Sat. night, about 8pm.
My fingernails were suffocating.
My toes, however, are still painted.
Last minute prep.
See what I mean about the blonde mane?
Gah!
From here on out my pictures were taken inside.
Which means they are crappy.
I should have taken the time to adjust my settings for each new area, but I didn’t. So, I have crappy, fuzzy pictures.
You’ll get the gist.
Elizabeth, teacher, applying professional sparkles to Emma.
Behind the girl you actually see.
This is the warm-up area. Parents weren’t allowed in here.
But, my camera’s got a good zoom.
You can always find Emma by looking for the shortest one, or the one with the skirt down to her knees.
Emma up on the right.
And I do believe that Becky is up on the left.
And then it was GO TIME!!!
I have to mention, without any details, that just before the girls came on I had to restrain myself from starting a fight and potentially getting kicked out.
Some woman was extremely rude to someone I care about, and I very nearly made her regret the decision to attend the GLCC.
But, I let it go.
Only, I lay in bed last night going through all the different scenarios in my mind. Man, she would have gotten a tongue lashing!!
My tongue’s still itching to give a lashing.
But, maturity won out, and I didn’t miss the girls performance.
So here you go.
Crappy pics, I’m sorry.
Running out to take the stage…
They’re ready!
Emma is far left behind the girls elbow.
Emma on the left, Becky on the right.
Emma has her head thrown back on the far left top.
Becky is #3 from the left, top.
Emma is the one in the front facing us. Checking to see if everyone is watching her.
Playing the air guitar…
‘
Then they went to a photo op area. They had bright lights set up to get good pictures, which is awesome, only I had my camera set for the low light of the performance. So, all the pictures were overexposed. And, Becky was hidden behind some bigger girls. And, they all left to quickly.
But, here’s what I got.
Would somebody please take in this child’s skirt so it stays straight?
Preferably before May 8.
Thank-you.
“Did you have fun? Were you nervous? Are you tired? Thirsty? Do you like cheerleading?”
“Do you like having a leg growing out of your head?”
So, they all got participation medals, which was cool. Then, we were told we were done. We went out to watch some of the other cheer routines, some of which were amazing.
All of a sudden, the girls were called up on stage!!
Seems they won the trophy for best exhibition routine.
Awesome!!!
They did really well, especially for a squad that’s in their first year performing together.
Way to go Huron Expressions Elite!!
It certainly was an eye-opening day.
I’ve never seen a cheer routine live before Saturday, and now I’ve seen hundreds! And the commitment of people. They were there from Toronto, Quebec and Michigan!!
I never realized how big a thing it is.
Cheerleading is huge.
Like, huge.
I guess girls can be awarded scholarships through cheerleading..
who knew? The next competitions they are in are dance competitions, not just cheer. They will perform their cheer routine, in that category, but also the Senior girls have a Hip-Hop routine, and the Junior girls have a Jazz routine that they will also be performing.
Now that I’ve finally been to a dance/cheer competition, I know it will be a crazy, fun day.
The things my children get me into….
Go girls! Wow! Best exhibition routine, YEAH!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of makeup. I'm going to guess it was somewhere around $39.00.
Love the toenails! I couldn't have let the fingernails be, either.
And I HAVE to hear the story of the rude woman! So I can hate her too! XD
The first thing Becky says when she see the pictures...
ReplyDelete"Emma's skirt is on sideways in that picture."
XD
You definitely need it taken in.
I was amazed by it, too. Cheer is a lot more difficult than I thought. It's more than just "Gimme an A!" ;)
You should send me your pictures. They're better than mine... since I have none. :D
I'm going to guess the makeup cost $42.80. It's a wild guess, because I know about this ` much about makeup. So yea.
ReplyDeleteRemarkable self control Heather! I don't know what it was, but I can just imagine the tongue lashing that was building up inside.
Looks awesome! Way to go Emma and Becky!
34 dollars. :o
ReplyDeleteLike I told ya' - $65 plus tax
ReplyDelete$32.84, before the HST.
ReplyDeleteMascara probably cost the most.
Your little girl is so girlish! Love it!