Boy is that title misleading.
I said on the phone today that I couldn’t sleep last night ‘cause I was thinking about chicks.
The other end of the line said, “Oh reeeeally…”
I’m talking about the chicks with fluff who say, “Peep!”
Wanna know why?
’Cause I have some!!!!
20, to be exact.
Red, black, and yellow, (all crosses)
and two purebred Plymouth Barred Rock,
because that’s what Ava really wanted.
Seriously, that’s what she was determined to have.
Black and white speckled chickens, which are the Barred Rock.
Interesting to note,
when I was young I hatched out an egg given to me, and it ended up being a Barred Rock rooster.
He was my pet, and would attack any other males around.
But loved females.
His name was Chauntecleer, and I wish I had a picture of him.
He was gorgeous.
Back to the chicks of my dreams.
Yesterday I got the Brooder all set up….
Here it is after repairs and disinfecting.
I said on the phone today that I couldn’t sleep last night ‘cause I was thinking about chicks.
The other end of the line said, “Oh reeeeally…”
I’m talking about the chicks with fluff who say, “Peep!”
Wanna know why?
’Cause I have some!!!!
20, to be exact.
Red, black, and yellow, (all crosses)
and two purebred Plymouth Barred Rock,
because that’s what Ava really wanted.
Seriously, that’s what she was determined to have.
Black and white speckled chickens, which are the Barred Rock.
Interesting to note,
when I was young I hatched out an egg given to me, and it ended up being a Barred Rock rooster.
He was my pet, and would attack any other males around.
But loved females.
His name was Chauntecleer, and I wish I had a picture of him.
He was gorgeous.
Back to the chicks of my dreams.
Yesterday I got the Brooder all set up….
Here it is after repairs and disinfecting.
And inside, filled with river sand….
Kids are interested, but so is Freddy….
He’s like, super interested….
Wanna know why?
Wanna know why?
Because of the rocks we put in the water dish.
(We ended up switching to a way bigger water dish…And a different spot,)
Freddy is so ball crazy, that if he doesn’t have a ball to chase, rocks will suffice.
And he has no front teeth to prove it.
(We ended up switching to a way bigger water dish…And a different spot,)
Freddy is so ball crazy, that if he doesn’t have a ball to chase, rocks will suffice.
And he has no front teeth to prove it.
The chicks are home!!!
And so completely adorable.
They seem to be happy, eating and drinking….
Aren’t they cute?
And now on to the second part of this post….
SOCCER!!!
She was there….
And so was this monkey of a cousin.
(Hi, Trenton!)
This sunset happened there..
I call it, “Soccer Chick in the Sunset”
See how I bring in the blog title?
Talent.
Pure, unadulterated talent.
See how I bring in the blog title?
Talent.
Pure, unadulterated talent.
This is actually my youngest brothers team…
He and Quin were on the same team last year,
but this year they are split by age.
At least they are on the same time schedule…..
And the lighting on Critter’s field was way better.
Critter’s the one on the far right.
but this year they are split by age.
At least they are on the same time schedule…..
And the lighting on Critter’s field was way better.
Critter’s the one on the far right.
Last sunset photo, I promise.
We moved Nathan up a year, so he is on the same team as Quin.
You see, Nathan is aggressive, and plays to win.
We were having a problem last year, with his aggressiveness, when he was the youngest on his team.
This year, he would have been the oldest, and playing with Emma.
A disaster waiting to happen.
So he moved up with the big boys.
It means he will be playing with boys three years older than himself,
But if I know Nathan, and I think I do,
he’ll handle it.
You see, Nathan is aggressive, and plays to win.
We were having a problem last year, with his aggressiveness, when he was the youngest on his team.
This year, he would have been the oldest, and playing with Emma.
A disaster waiting to happen.
So he moved up with the big boys.
It means he will be playing with boys three years older than himself,
But if I know Nathan, and I think I do,
he’ll handle it.
I know this picture is fuzzy, but it would have been so cool if it had been lighter outside!!
Quin taking a shot, and scoring, by the way.
Quin taking a shot, and scoring, by the way.
This one was even fuzzier than the last one,
so I ran an embossing action on it.
Weird, or Cool?
Weird, or Cool?
Nathan, “ Oh, yeah, they call him the STREAK!”
It’s funny how different these two are.
Physically,
Quin reminds me of his Paternal Grandfather.
Square shouldered and barrel chested, and short. ---er than most.
Whereas Nate is lean, and muscular. And lean. With broad shoulders.
And lean. And aggressive. And lean.
Did I mention Nate was lean?
With incredibly huge feet.
Maybe I’ll expound on their differences more at a later date.
For now:
Quin his Grandpa; Nate his Dad.
And her?
She’s most like me.
Finally.
( Okay I lied.)
One last sunset picture.
’Cause it’s beautiful.
That’s it.
Good Night and Good Luck!!!
Good night and good luck?? There's no such thing as luck, Heather. I love, love, love the pictures, and I think the embossing one is fascinating.
ReplyDeleteOnly problem: Property if Journey to Grace.
You meant "of".
Too funny: wv for the last comment was "notedoca". Noted: obsessive compulsive alphabetizer. Snicker, snort.
ReplyDeleteChickens are fun. I hope you did not get a crazy one like we have! She tries to knock the feed container out of my hand every time. Yesterday she ended up in the bag of feed while I was trying to fill said container. I think it because it's shinny or she is a half bubble off plum.;).And yes the soccer pics are awesome!
ReplyDeleteThe sunset pics are gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteI think the embossing one is cool. :) And the first one of the boys together. Can't wait to hear how Nate does - I'm sure he'll handle it awesomely. ;)
And, I'm so jealous of your adorable chicks!!
To clear things up,This is Elena. I'm to tired to sign out of moms account. ;)
ReplyDeleteI wanted to tell you Heather that I'm pretty sure we have a picture of Chauntecleer. Its a black and white speckled rooster anyway. i might be able to find it. :)
Yes, I've seen pictures of that beautiful mean bird.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures.
Nate's really lean eh?